For the second consecutive year, the SRC is offering students health and dental insurance. All students who have not already opted out of the plan have been sent an email containing details about what’s included in the plan. Additional information is also available at ihaveaplan.ca.
If you’ve decided to opt out of the health portion, the dental portion, or the Plan in its entirety you can do so now during the Change-of-Coverage Period from August 24 – Sept. 18, 2015. During this same period, you can select the Basic Health Plan and/or the Basic Dental Plan, instead of the Enhanced Plan.
The fee for the SRC Enhanced Health and Dental Plan will be automatically charged to your account. However, should you opt out of this coverage, you will receive a credit to your student account shortly after the end of the Change-of-Coverage Period.
- Go to this link on the ihaveaplan.ca website.
- See “How to Opt Out” at the bottom of the page
- Select “Opt Out Now” from the menu on the left.
- A new screen will appear with the steps to follow.
- Any changes made during the change-of-coverage period will not appear on your accounts before September 8 at the very earliest.
- Students who were not pre-registered and did not register between June 9 and 23 will not appear on the website but will be included on the website after September 8.
- The Business Office will not be refunding the insurance premium until September 23 for students who have paid and then decide to opt out.
Remember that if you do not opt out during the change of coverage period from August 24 to September 18, then you will be considered covered and consequently will be billed for the insurance.
Questions about the health and dental insurance? Contact Member Services at 1-855-535-3210, Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.