In the fall of 2013, Bishop’s students were surveyed about their interest in health and dental insurance. 88% of respondents were in favour of a group insurance plan, so the SRC decided to offer this service to Bishop’s students.
On September 1, the Students’ Representative Council (SRC) implemented a campus-wide Health & Dental Plan, administered in collaboration with ASEQ (Quebec Student Health Alliance), the leading provider of student health and dental plans in Canada. The Plan is designed specifically for students to cover many services not covered by provincial Medicare (RAMQ) and other basic health-care programs.
Who is covered?
All students who are members of the Students’ Association (full- and part-time students enrolled in the 2014-15 academic year) will be automatically covered by the new SRC Health & Dental Plan. International students will be automatically covered by the Dental Plan only.
What is covered?
Among other features, the Plan will cover health, dental, vision, and travel benefits:
– prescription drugs (up to 100% for Quebec residents by combining your student coverage with the coverage offered by RAMQ or another private plan)
– 100% for vaccinations, up to $300 per policy year
– $3,200 for health practitioners (naturopaths, physiotherapists, chiropractors, etc.)
– More than $250 in vision care (eye exams, eyeglasses and contact lenses, laser eye surgery)
– $750 in dental care (checkups, cleanings, fillings, extractions, endodontics, periodontics, etc.)
– $5,000,000 in travel health coverage per incident and 120 days per trip
– $5,000 for trip interruption and $1,500 for trip cancellation in the event of a medical emergency
– Ambulances, dental accidents, medical equipment, and more!
While a member of Plan, you will also have access to exclusive ASEQ Network providers who offer reduced prices on the cost of certain health-care services, such as dental care, vision care, chiropractic care, and physiotherapy. For example, by visiting a Dental Network member, you will receive an additional 20% to 30% off dental services, enabling you to get up to 100% coverage.
How much does it cost?
The total cost of the Plan is $220 ($120 for health coverage and $100 for dental coverage). The policy year will be from Sept. 1, 2014 – Aug. 31, 2015. If you are eligible, the cost of the Plan will be automatically included in your tuition and other fees.
Where can I get more information?
More information about your SRC Health & Dental Plan is available online at www.ihaveaplan.ca, or by calling the Member Services Centre toll-free at 1-855-535-3210, Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.